In thinking about our upcoming wine tasting, I thought I'd toss out some wine names that have been favorites of ours. Often, the occassion on which we discovered something was a large part of what made it special, so your mileage may vary.
- Rubicon Estate Rubicon (Francis Coppola)
- Cousino-Macul Antiguas reservas, Chile
- Halter ranch
- Sterling vintners collection
- Los Vascos - Colchagua
- Marquis Philips S2
(discovered during our summer in Portland)
- Heitz Cellar
- Klinker brick lodi old vine
- Peachy Canyon, CA
(discovered when we stumbled into Restaurant 1881 in Bridgeport, CA - good eats)
- Valley of the Moon 2002
(one of two favorite wineries in Sonoma Valley)
- Andrew Rich, Willamette Valley
- Ledson (Sonoma) 2004
(one of two favorite wineries in Sonoma Valley - we stop in every time)
- Iron Horse (Sonoma) 2002
- A to Z
- Duckhorn Goldeneye - Anderson Valley
(special treat to celebrate Verena's birth)
- Rosenblum hillside
(hands-down favorite from a Caffe Boa wine dinner)
(a favorite everyday wine)
- Bierzo Descendientes de Jose Palacios "Petalos"
- Vina rey "70 Barricas"
- Jose Maria da Fonseca, Portugal
I'd love to hear from others what some of their favorites are.